Have you become tired of locking yourself inside the house ever since you found out about your pregnancy, and decided to go on a trip? If that’s the case, you need to be prepared – and in order to do that, you must pack the essentials that will make your life easier during this adventure.
Maternity pillows are a must if you want to feel comfortable at all times when you lie in bed. They can provide the right amount of support for your back and baby bump. It’s not unusual to be unsure of what pillows to pick that are suitable for this part of your life, which is why we came up with this buying guide.
Here, you will find out some top-notch maternity pillows for traveling that will offer relief until your baby is born.
Comparison Chart for Top Maternity Pillows
|26 x 8.5 x 8.5
|13 x 10.4 x 4
|15 inches||READ REVIEW|
|14 x 4 x 12
Wedge for Maternity
|13.8 x 11.8 x 3.9
Pillow Memory Foam
Wedge with Cooling Gel
|16.8 x 15 x 4.3
Latex Wedge Pillow
|31.5 x 15.8 x 6
Reviews for Top Maternity Pillows
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
Sleeping can turn into a difficult task as the baby belly expands. Not only you’re afraid of harming them by mistake, but the extra weight will feel like it’s dragging you down. Sitting on your side can especially be painful for your back, and you might end up not getting enough sleep due to the pain.
This is why this inflatable pillow is a must-have if you decide to go to foreign lands and relax for a bit. Considering a vacation should be a happy time, you surely don’t want it to be ruined by your heavy belly giving you a hard time during the night.
First of all, the fact that it is inflatable makes it perfect for trips. This way, you can just pack it without occupying most of the space inside the luggage. It’s great for offering you back, neck, belly and leg support – thus not allowing room for any strain while you’re lying down.
Furthermore, it can be washed safely inside the washing machine, so it’s pretty easy to maintain.
Measuring 53 inches long, 31 inches wide and 7 inches high, it’s a body pillow that will ensure you sleep like a baby and get enough rest for the adventures the next day. If you want a top-quality maternity pillow, you shouldn’t refrain from spending money on this product.
PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow Review
- Can be safely washed in the washing machine
- Offers great support for your baby bump, neck, back and legs
- Comes with a lifetime manufacturer warranty
- No latex, lead or phthalates, and it’s BPA free as well
- Doesn’t occupy a lot of space inside the luggage, so it can be easily packed
- Some reviewers declared that it got easily ripped
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow
What makes inflatable pillows so nice and fun is the fact that they can be easily packed without worrying about the space inside your bag. That being said, this pillow will be a great addition to your maternity travel arsenal. Plus, it’s not only space-saving but comfortable as well.
Comfort is the most important aspect to take into consideration when it comes to pregnancy pillows – and this one, in particular, is answering your prayers. Basically, it helps you sit in the proper position, which is sitting on the belly with lowered legs and raised hips. According to research, this is really beneficial for helping the baby move in the right position, thus having a better chance of less painful labor.
In addition, due to its softness, you will be able to rest enough and get ready to explore the local attractions of your travel destination. After all, one of the main goals of a pillow is to ensure you get quality sleep, isn’t it? Getting the right amount of sleep is also helping decrease a lot of stress which you might have accumulated due to the pregnancy.
Even more, it’s very useful in relieving your shoulder, neck and back pain – and you will feel much happier that you’re about to become a mother. Isn’t that amazing?
Cozy Bump Pregnancy Pillow Review
- Because it’s inflatable, it’s easy to pack and take with you when traveling
- It helps you sit in the right position, so you decrease the possibility of a painful labor
- You will be able to get better sleep
- Will release some of your stress
- Can decrease shoulder, back and neck pain
- The face hole might now get enough airflow to let you breathe comfortably
Premium Inflatable Donut Cushion
When you’re pregnant, you might sit down a lot, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if your lower part started hurting as a result. That being said, you will need something that will make sure you will sit comfortably at all times.
This inflatable donut cushion is amazing to own during pregnancy because you can take it with you just anywhere. Whether you’re on a flight or inside a car, sitting down might start feeling very uncomfortable – but this cushion can come to your aid. Being shaped like a donut, it can provide a lot of support for tailbone and spinal pain too – which is beneficial when the baby bump feels like it’s dragging you into a black hole.
Moreover, it’s easy to inflate no matter what, as you can either use the pump or just manually expand it. Having this feature, you can put it inside your bag and use it whenever you see fit or you really need it. Not only that, but it’s also very soft and lightweight, and great support for your posterior. It’s one maternity pillow for traveling that you can’t miss.
Premium Inflatable Donut Cushion
- Offers great support for your body
- Can reduce posterior, tailbone and back pain
- Easy to inflate
- Doesn’t take a lot of space
- Very soft and comfortable
- Has no odor
- It might break easily if not careful
Boppy Pregnancy Wedge with Jersey Slipcover
Maternity pillows are a blessing, and this wedge pillow exists to prove it. With great versatility, it’s definitely a good investment that you shouldn’t hesitate on. Basically, this pillow can be used as a support for your belly when lying on your side. However, you can also keep it between your knees so you can lie down in the proper position. In addition, it can be used when sitting down too, being able to provide back support when you’re feeling pain.
It has a jersey cotton slipcover that you can remove and clean in the washing machine without any worries. Also, it’s portable and can be put in any place. Being small in size as well, it’s great for women who travel during their pregnancy period, hence why it’s a must-have.
Boppy Pregnancy Wedge with Jersey Slipcover Review
- The portable design makes it easy to take anywhere
- The slipcover can be cleaned in the washing machine
- Provides great support as it can be used to support your baby bump and back
- Some reviewers claimed that it’s too small and doesn’t work well as a knee support
Mycey Pregnancy Pillow Support Wedge for Maternity
Aren’t you tired of the back pain that won’t let you sleep properly at night? Yes, pregnancy can do that to you, and this aspect can easily ruin your trip if you don’t know how to solve the issue. Fortunately, wedge pillows are at your service, and this Mycey pillow is one of them.
This amazing maternity pillow is a great travel companion for any woman who’s trying to find support for her baby bump. Having said that, it can be used under your belly while you’re lying on your side – but you can also use it between your knees to support your position. It’s very beneficial in reducing your pain, which is why they are so good to have while you’re away from home.
What’s even better is the fact that the cover can be removed and just washed in the machine whenever you need, without any worries. If you need a firm maternity pillow for traveling, then this product is a must-have.
- Provides great support for your belly, knees, and back
- Removable cover that can be washed inside the machine
- Very compact and portable, making them perfect for women who travel during pregnancy
- Might wear out easily
Cool Maternity Pillow Memory Foam Wedge with Cooling Gel
Just like other such maternity pillows, it’s going to become your best friend if you decide to travel while your baby is kicking inside your belly. One of its biggest advantages is, of course, the support it offers for your expanding bump, which becomes heavy and makes it hard for you to sleep. By putting it under your belly, not only will it sit on a very soft surface, but your back will also feel relieved as there’s no pressure from the additional weight.
Additionally, you can wear it between your knees, thus adjusting your position and sitting more comfortably. Also, it’s pretty small in size, saving space and being easy to carry with you on your trip.
Due to all these advantages, you will be able to have some quality sleep, and your stress levels will drop as a result. All in all, you won’t regret spending your cash on this pillow.
- Allows you to sleep nicely without any pain
- Great support for your knees, back and baby belly
- Small in size and easy to take in your bag when traveling
- Feels very soft and comfortable
- The foam could be a little stiff to some people
Yunbaby Nature Latex Wedge Pillow
This wedge pillow is a very special one because it’s able to let you lie down comfortably. It does so by providing a soft surface for your belly and your back as well. In other words, it has a slope design that won’t fail to make you sleep comfortably – without rolling over countless times before you’re able to fall asleep.
Made of natural latex, it’s resistant to dust mites and very breathable. Having said that, it will maintain your proper body temperature while using it. Furthermore, it is able to support your baby bump and back at the same time, thus relieving the pain that has been bothering you until that point.
In addition, it has a strap that you can adjust according to your own preferences for optimal comfort. This way, your pregnancy doesn’t feel like the worst thing in the world. What’s even better is that you can divide it into two separate wedge pillows, meaning you could use them separately for your belly and knees.
It might be a bit on the pricier side, but it’s definitely worth the money if you take all the benefits into consideration.
- Can be divided into two wedges and used for your baby bump and knees
- Has an adjustable strap to ensure a great sleeping position
- Breathable material that will maintain the right body temperature
- Able to relieve your back pain and let you sleep comfortably
- Is a little expensive
- Might get ripped easily if not careful
Buying Guide for Top Maternity Pillows
Pillows might not be on your mind 24/7, so if you’ve reached that point during your pregnancy when your back is aching, a maternity pillow will be necessary. As such, you need to know what to look for in a pillow before buying it unless you want to end up with something that doesn’t please you at all.
Considering it’s so difficult to choose a suitable pillow, this guide we’ve prepared for you should be able to help you with the task. Here is what to look for in maternity pillows for traveling:
The material a pillow is made from has a word to say in whether you’ll be able to sleep comfortably or not. Usually, maternity pillows differ in the cover materials and the fill used. The ones you will stumble upon very frequently are:
- Polyester – If you’re looking for a pillowcase that will last, then polyester is definitely the answer. It’s not only stretchy but also durable, making sure you won’t have to keep spending money on new cases.
- Cotton – Cotton is amazing because it’s very soft and breathable, thus feeling great under your belly.
- Memory Foam – Being less firm compared to other filling materials, such a pillow will easily conform to your body, ensuring you will feel comfortable. Generally, this fill material is found in knee or wedge pillows.
- High-Density Foam – High-density foam is usually found inside wedge pillows and is great when you need support for your baby bump. It’s a very firm material too.
- Poly Fiber – If you’ve ever felt a body pillow to be very soft, then it was most likely filled with poly fiber. It’s made from polyester and offers great comfort for a good-quality sleep.
- Microbeads – Generally used in smaller maternity pillows, microbeads are made from very small and comfortable balls of polystyrene.
As you were already able to see, pillows come in a wide range of shapes, each of them being fit for particular things. For instance, while some of them can support your whole body during your sleep, others are only fit for supporting your knees, back or belly. Conversely, some of them occupy quite some space, whereas others are rather portable and easier to take with you when traveling.
Here are the most common shapes when it comes to maternity pillows:
- Wedges – Wedges are amazing pillows that offer great support for your back, belly or knees. Being quite small in size, they are easy to carry around as they don’t occupy too much space.
- Inflatable – One of the main worries you have regarding traveling is not being able to take everything you need with you. However, with inflatable pillows, your worries are gone, because you can just deflate them, put them in your luggage, and inflate once you reach the destination. These maternity pillows also have a hole in the middle which is made to hold your belly, so you sit even more comfortably.
- Seat Cushions – These pillows are made to be kept under your posterior. As you sit down a lot, your lower area and your back might start aching, so such a pillow is needed to decrease some of the sufferings.
Let’s be honest, the last thing you want to do during your trip is spending hours and hours trying to remove that little stain you accidentally made on the pillow. With that being said, it’s essential to look for pillows that have removable covers, which can be easily introduced inside the washing machine without being torn apart. At the same time, it’s important to make sure the material is resistant enough, so you won’t have to look for a new pillow after attempting to clean it.
Do you want a pillow that will support your position while sitting or one that will help you adjust it while you’re lying down? The versatility of a pillow is another aspect you shouldn’t overlook, not if you want to use a pillow for multiple purposes.
For instance, wedge pillows are so great for pregnant women due to the fact that they can be used for the belly, knees, and back. Concurrently, body pillows can be used to either add some comfort for your whole body when sleeping on one side or even to prop yourself up in bed. Besides, they can be still used to nurse your baby once he/she comes into the world.
Make sure you look into every aspect before you invest in a pillow.
The main goal of a maternity pillow is to offer you support for your back or belly. This way, you can not only sit or lie down comfortably but you will also sleep like a baby. Therefore, you shouldn’t settle for just any pillow you find.
For instance, if you get a firmer one, it will help relieve some of the pain you’re feeling due to the baby bump. At the same time, a plush one might be the right option if you’re looking for added comfort in particular.
This is why looking into the shape and material a pillow has is such an important matter – because each one of them has different levels of support and comfort.
Things don’t always go as expected, and the pillow you receive might either be damaged, tear up easily or just not meet your requirements. Because of that, you’d want to return it and receive your money back. For this reason, you should remember to look for pillows that have warranties, which is useful in case you’re not pleased with your order. This way, your money won’t be spent in vain.
Choosing the right maternity pillow for traveling might not be the hardest task in the world, but it’s not a piece of cake either. In fact, thinking about the right type of pillow could be very time-consuming.
Hopefully, this guide managed to shed some light on the matter and provide you with some useful tips and products. This way, you will find the right maternity pillow and have a nice and happy trip.